Halo Collective Provides Update on EUGMP/GACP Certifications of Bophelo Bioscience in Lesotho

April 1, 2021
 Irrigation lead Motlalepula excited for the upcoming harvest Day one of fence installationDay one of fence installation First camera installed and functioningAndreas Met scoping trichomes shortly before harvest Toronto, Ontario – March 19, 2021 – Halo Collective Inc. (“Halo” or the “Company“) (NEO: HALO, OTCQX: HCANF, Germany: A9KN) is pleased to provide a comprehensive update about Bophelo Bioscience & Wellness (Pty) Ltd. (“Bophelo“), and it’s proposed European Union Good Manufactures Practices (“EUGMP”) and Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (“GACP“) certifications (collectively, the “GMP/GACP Certifications”).

In 2020, Bophelo quadrupled the amount of cultivation space despite setbacks resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. With the easing of restrictions, the next key step is the proposed commencement of cannabis exports to the E.U., U.K., and Australia. The Company expects the first export to occur within the sixty days subsequent to Bophelo obtaining GACP certification.

The quality growing and manufacturing consultant, Pharmaconsulta Ltd. (“Pharmaconsulta“), is an independent consultancy firm based in Malta (E.U.), that specializes in pharmaceutical regulatory affairs. After multiple visits to the site and a comprehensive review of the Company’s standard operating procedures, Pharmaconsulta is expected to issue both GMP and GACP certifications after Bophelo meets all requirements. 

GACP Update
Pharmaconsulta confirmed that Bophelo’s operation had met 90% of GACP requirements. Bophelo is expected to finish the remaining 10% of the requirements within the next 60 days. The main projects that are underway are:Fencing, a robust surveillance system, and security upgrades Employee ablutions and a cafeteriaInfrastructure improvements and upgrades, including but not limited to, internet, electrical power upgrades, backup power generators, and an extra water boreholeEarlier this month, Bophelo commenced installation of double security fencing 2.5 meters high and 1,600 meters long. The Company expects the fence to be completed within 60 days and once finished the fence will encircle the entire site.
Construction on the ablutions building and attached cafeteria designed to meet the anticipated growth in the labor force resumed three weeks ago.  The ablutions are expected to be completed within 60 days.
Bopehlo’s contracted security company has commenced the installation of HikVision® security cameras on the site. When finished, at least 64 security cameras will provide detailed monitoring and surveillance for the initial 5-hectare greenhouse site.  Bophelo has hired a Chief Security Officer, and we are rapidly building upon strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure security on par with Halo’s U.S. operations. Holy Grail #10 from DNA Genetics cultivated in Lesotho  LEARN MORE